[GRASSLIST:3781] Re: missing features ?!

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 29 02:39:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:05:16AM +1200, H. Bowman wrote:
> --- Stephan Holl <sholl at gmx.net> wrote:
> > after updating from cvs the -l-option from v.in.shape was gone ;-(
> > Older versions of v.in.shape had the switch -l for displaying all
> > attributes in the .dbf-file of the shape.
>
> It also seems to be missing from the 5.0.0pre4 release. It runs (and
> imports, which it shouldn't) as if you never used the -l.

Please have a look at the help text: It tells you that the meaning
of "-l" was changed (not a good idea in my opinion):

Flags:
  -o   Allow overwrite of existing vector map with the same name
  -l   Force writing  polygon coverage as a line coverage
[...]

Note that the former '-l' functionality is back, but now with
'-d' flag:
  -d   List fields of DBF file

This is present in CVS and will appear in the next version.

Markus