[GRASSLIST:3798] assign floating point values to categories?

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Thu May 30 12:10:50 EDT 2002

Dear list,

I have a raster map with 6000 different categeries. Now I want to assign
to each category a data floating point value NOT an integer.

I tried r.reclass but it rounds the floating point values and is not
appropriate I guess. Which on the is the correct command?

Thanks, Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg