[GRASSLIST:3801] Re: interpolate rainfall - r.runoff

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Thu May 30 20:48:15 EDT 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 19:12, felipe wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> What is the best method to interpolate rainfall maps in GRASS and/or Linux?
>
> Something how kriging....

I have used gstat ( http://www.gstat.org ) to produce GRASS raster maps via
kriging.  Gstat offers a lot of capabilities, but the version I have is
fairly difficult to use and behaves badly with even moderate-sized datasets.
With luck that has been improved.

> I need to generate some rainfall maps to scs runoff calculation.
>
> Where can I get the r.runoff code?
> What is G-language?

r.runoff was part of grass4.  Documentation for r.runoff is still included in
grass5, but I haven't been able to find the code.  You may be able to get it
from a grass4 distribution or from somewhere deep in the Grass CVS tree, but
I can't lead you to believe that it will work with Grass5.

I have no idea what G-language is.

Roger Miller