[GRASSLIST:4925] m.in.e00 question

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Sun Nov 10 09:48:46 EST 2002

I downloaded the following .E00 (ESRI export) files from
http://www.gisdatadepot.com/.  These files are for one
country and are derived from the Digital Chart of the World.

AEPOINT.E00 DNNET.E00 HSPOINT.E00 LCPOINT.E00 PPPOINT.E00
RRLINE.E00 CLLINE.E00 DSPOINT.E00 HYNET.E00 LCPOLY.E00
PPPOLY.E00 TSLINE.E00 CLPOINT.E00 HSLINE.E00 HYPOINT.E00
PONET.E00 RDLINE.E00 UTLINE.E00

I have used m.in.e00 to import the data to GRASS.  I can
display the line and poly files with d.vect and the point
files with d.sites.  However, the labels and categories that
were in the .E00 files have in some cases (the point data
files, I think) detached from the data.  For example,
site_lists/aepoint contains the coordinates of airports and
dig_cats/aepoint.aeptname contains the names of airports,
but the categories in the site_lists file do not seem to
match the categories in the dig_cats file.  Is there any way
to reunite the labels and the GIS data?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Michael