[GRASSLIST:4968] schmidt-lambert stereonet coordinates

Thomas Dewez thomas.dewez at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 12:17:31 EST 2002

Dear all,

Would any of you have an idea about how to convert 3D coordinates of the tip of a
vector into 2D cordinates in Schmidt-Lambert projection?

I am looking at the slope and aspect of terraces and I'd like to plot the poles of pixels
in a density plot. I have converted aspect and slope to 3D (x,y,z) coordinates inside a
sphere of radius 1. But I am struggling with converting those x,y,z to a density plot of
poles on a stereonet.

Any idea/suggestion?

Cheers,

Thomas