[GRASSLIST:4991] Re: 100KM raduis viewshed

Dan Jacobson jidanni at dman.ddts.net
Mon Nov 18 17:01:09 EST 2002

In my recent use of r.mapcalc for 1. bending of DTMs to simulate
curvature of the earth, 2. making layers based on distance for
coloring by distance instead of elevation, I used trig functions and sqrt
producing floating number results.  Well, I will wrap the formulae
next time in round(), to get integer results, as 1. the DTMs were
integers to begin with, 2. I recall there are several advantages with
integer files.

So for folks reading this thread: remember to use round().
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780