[GRASSLIST:4997] HELP: icon problem in ps.map

Zhong Xu zxu at cse.unl.edu
Tue Nov 19 12:34:22 EST 2002

Hi, grassusers,

I am using Grass 5.0.0 to work for my project. Now I am facing a weird
problem. Here it is: I created some icons using ps.icon. In my project, I
used point instruction with different icons to denote the countys crop.
Since I have 89 counties, the multiple point instructions are needed; and
an icon might be used continuously. The problem is that if an icon is used
continuously, it can ONLY be displayed in the FIRST point; the other
continuous points will be showed as diamonds (For example, the Roma4 icon
in my sample codes  only point (170238.75 2078816.42) shows as Roma4). But
if an icon is not used continuously, it always shows fine. Anybody can
help me out? It is so weird

John

point -637698.75 2086607.42
    icon Roma1