[GRASSLIST:5051] g3.region does not exist

Christoph Hoesli hoesli at swissonline.ch
Sun Nov 24 18:37:50 EST 2002

I've installed grass5 on suse 8.0. I've downloaded the precompiled binaries
from
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/download.html and installed it with
the
installscript. so far so good.
now i've tried to interpolation some precipitation data with s.vol.rst
and realized, that g3.region is missing in my grass. the scripts
g3.setregion, g3.createwind, g3.remove, g3.list... were also missing.
i copied them from the grass source to my installed grass system.
Should i be able to execute g3.region, or can g3region only be set with
g3.setregion?
Can someone explain me why the grass installscript did not install
g3.region?
What I've done wrong?

christoph