[GRASSLIST:5061] surface roughness scale and colortable

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho guano at usp.br
Mon Nov 25 13:51:15 EST 2002

Hello all,

I have two questions:

1 - a few days ago, I posted a question about how to calculate the surface
roughness of an area. After a little brainstorm I did it. thanks to all who
answer, special to Thorsten Behrens and Eric Miller.

Now I have a new problem with my recently-created roughness map: When I
compare it with other similar map made with Arcview, I see that there's a
little difference in the scale of the roughness. In the arcview's map, the
scale goes from 1 (planar area) to 1.23, but in the GRASS's map, it goes
from 0 (planar area) to 67. I guess I have o normalise the values, but I
don't know how. Any ideas?

2 - About the colortables (i guess this one is easy...): how can I set my
own colortable? I mean, it's not about changing the colortable using the
predefined ones (rainbow, red thru yellow, etc)?

thanks in advice

Carlos

   Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho - Guano

       Geologist  -   MSc Student IGc-USP

   Linux User #89721  PGP key: www.keyserver.net