[GRASSLIST:5065] r3.out.v5d (?) problem

John Harrop johnh at sjgeophysics.com
Mon Nov 25 17:16:02 EST 2002

I converting volumetric models from an external format into grass sites
and v5d for visualization.  I've written a simple import utility based
on s.in.ascii and as far as I can see that is working (the sites files
look correct).

The process goes:

s.in.ubcgif
g3.region (if required)
s.vol.idw

r3.mkdspf
r3.showdspf
(looks good still - I see reasonable shaped iso-surfaces)

r3.out.v5d
vis5d

Now when I start vis5d (1.3.0 or 1.2.1) and view the data I get a
stripped pattern such as you might expect if coordinates were swapped
when loading/matching the original data, or perhaps if vis5d is reading
degrees instead of metres and wraps the degrees around!  I've been
banging my head for several days here.  Any comments would be
appreciated.  I've attached a PNG of the vis5d view to show what I have
been seeing.  The result should be a fairly smooth and contiguous model
(of subsurface resistivity data).

Regards,

John Harrop