[GRASSLIST:5082] Re: Grass Data Model used for areas

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Nov 26 13:47:16 EST 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 12:39 am, you wrote:
> Hello Radim,

> Also, it would be nice to be able to edit more than one map, or layer, at a
> time. For example, if I move a parcel line, that line may also define a
> municipal boundary stored in a different map (or layer). If I update parcel
> line, I would like to also have the municipal boundary update.
>
> Rich

If one line represents more features, it should be realy only one line in
GIS, unfortunately we cannot mix more area layers in one map. If your
municipal boundary would be road (as line) or river centerline, it could be
represented by one line in one vector. I know that it is not solution for the
problem you are talking about.

Radim