[GRASSLIST:4789] Re: Exporting raster map

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Oct 20 18:36:37 EDT 2002

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 05:27:15PM +0200, Alexandra Zamparas wrote:
> Hello!
> I have some raster maps that I would like to include in my thesis
> report and I was wondering how that can be done. I found the "Export"
> with certain formats where I chose the TIFF one. When I tried to
> export to my home directory, I got a complaining message that
> :"ERROR: Color map for palette must have less than 256 colors for the
>        available range of data". My map is actually in grey scale.

Palette and gray scale aren't the same in TIFF land.  You can try
w/o the -p flag or use something else like r.out.ppm which also
has a switch specifically for grayscale.  There are lots of translators
for PPM files to other formats...

--
static const char signature[] =
	"Copyright (c) 2002 Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>";