[GRASSLIST:4838] best way to grow a distance layer?

William W. Hargrove hnw at fire.esd.ornl.gov
Fri Oct 25 18:28:29 EDT 2002

I want to grow distance rings around some features in a large, high resolution
map.

Looks like r.buffer will do the job, but it only takes up to 60 buffer rings,
and this won't get me to the edge of the large map with a resolution of one
cell width.

Is there a single command in GRASS that will grow a distance layer out to the
edge of the map?

Thanks,

Bill H.

William W. Hargrove                     hnw at fire.esd.ornl.gov
Environmental Sciences Division         (865) 241-2748
Oak Ridge National Laboratory           (865) 574-4665 (fax)
P.O. Box 2008, M.S. 6407                http://research.esd.ornl.gov/~hnw
Oak Ridge, TN  37830-6407               FedEx/UPS, use "Bethel Valley Rd."