[GRASSLIST:4471] RE:Two questions: 1. r.param.scale; usage and etc... an error got into my last post!!

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Sep 12 02:59:32 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 08:22:44AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > 2. Is there a way you can to a "density" analysis a la ArcView
> > SpatialAnalyst; with sites (i e point) data? How?
>
> The s.kernel is close to be released. It seems to do it's job :-)
> But: could you write in detail what SpatialAnalyst is doing when doing
> "density" analysis?

AFAIK, it's basically sum(x) / area on a per cell basis and writing out
a density raster.  If s.windavg divided by area rather than count and
wrote out a raster rather than sites file, it'd be doing the same thing.
I need to double check that though, as it might be more like s.surf.rst
normalized by cell area...

--
begin 664 .signature
M<F5L;&E-("Y'(&-I<D4@/G1E;BYS<&I`,FUG93P)"`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(