[GRASSLIST:4558] Importation of .GXF ASCII Rasters

Phillip J. Allen paallen at attglobal.net
Mon Sep 23 10:35:41 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to import some .GXF ascii raster files and am having a terrible
time.  At first I just edited the header file and tried to import the
data.  But
these are vertical cross sections of geophysical data and contain a
"sense" of
-1 or +1 in the header.  And this sense flag can  flip the grid
"upside-down",
"left-right" and god knows what else.  I cannot even get them to import into
ArcGIS 8.2 with ArcToolbox.

Anybody got any experience with getting gxf's to import into the proper
orientation?

thanks,

Phillip J. Allen
Consulting Geochemist/Geologist