[GRASSLIST:4569] Re: shape file import

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Sep 24 04:09:43 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 08:22 am, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> I have ArcView shape files, which I want to import. I tried it with
> v.in.shape, exact shape but no labelling

Which version of GRASS, 'attribute=' and 'label=' were specified I expect,
which types of columns are used for attribute/label?
This should work, labeling was never problem.

> and r.in.shape, correct labelling
> but wrong shapes (elongated or too small).

Interesting, can you put somewhere on the web
pictures of original vectors and deformed raster, best as one screenshot
of GRASS monitor with both raster and vector. Polygons or lines?
Note that polygons are first sorted by size and then converted to raster from
largest to smallest, if your polygons are overlaped and smaller one is
written before bigger one in shapefile, the smaller one is overlaped by
bigger in ArcView and vice versa after r.in.shape.

Radim