[GRASSLIST:4576] Re: GRASS UNDER MAC OS X and Jaguar

Quim Soler i Subils SOLERSUBILS at telefonica.net
Tue Sep 24 11:53:25 EDT 2002

Hello Suha,

I think the easiest way to get started with grass running on mac os x
is to download the precompiled binaries. You can find them here
http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/mac_os_x/.

Maybe these precompiled binaries are not enough for your needs
(some modules might not be present). Then you should compile the sources
yourself. You will find them here: http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/.
Compiling the sources is far more tedious but sometimes there is no choice
if you need, as an example, the postgreSQL modules, which in previous
versions of these precompiled binaries weren't built.
As I don't know the status of the present precompiled binaries (grass
version 5.0.0pre4) I think you should try with them first (maybe they are
included or you don't need them).

Bye,

Quim Soler