[GRASSLIST:4579] Grass on Mac os X 10.2

Quim Soler i Subils SOLERSUBILS at telefonica.net
Tue Sep 24 12:31:01 EDT 2002

Hello Jason,

I'm sorry for the subject line of my last message because I forgot to write
anything about the jaguar problem there.

Well, I can't help you a lot because I don't use the mac os x 10.2 yet but
probably the next week I will install it and I will test grass. I will write
you to tell what happens on my mac. At this moment I can only say you that
grass5.0.0pre4 it's working on my mac os X 10.1.5 with XDarwin 1.1 (and
Xfree 4.2).

What I don't understant is that you get an error opening terminal xterm. In
a XDarwin environement you should have a xterm terminal before starting
grass. So why it complains about getting another? Do you start grass from a
XDarwin xterm or from the mac os x terminal? If you start grass from the mac
terminal you cannot get any graphical user interface!

So the process is start XDarwin first (then you get two or three xterms) and
then start grass within a XDarwin xterm.

Bye,
Quim