[GRASSLIST:5969] coordinate transformation

Ivan Marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Mon Apr 7 06:31:12 EDT 2003

Hy to all..
I have an old problem that now I can't postpone...
I've got some vector dxf d Gauata inss-Boaga Roma40 coordinate system (an
Italian system). I'm able to import these data into a location Gauss-Boaga
Roma40 and I can use them as base with the i.vpoints module (because I need
to rectify some historical maps).
The problem is that I have to compare these rectified historical maps with
some other vector data (dxf) I've got in UTM ED50 coordinate system!!!!!!!!!!

Which of this two way you think is better??

1) to export as tif and tfw files the historical map obtained after the
Gauss-Boaga rectification and then to transform only the base point in the
tfw file!!! (but it seems the worse solution)

2) to convert one of the dxf data into the coordinate systems of the other and
then to perform the rectification of the unreferenced historical maps. (but I
don't know how I can do this....)

There is another way to solve this problem????

I hope someone can help me!!!!!
I need help.......

Thank you very much to all!!!!

--