[GRASSLIST:5991] s.to.rast problem

Stu SEDWARDS2 at cinci.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 14:02:10 EDT 2003

I am experiencing a 'segmentation fault' error when attempting to
convert a 220 point site file to raster using s.to.rast .  The file was
created in v.digit, and edited in AbiWord and vi.  It works fine as a
sites file (d.siter, d.sites etc) but when I try to convert it to a
raster file, the 'segmentation fault' error appears and the operation
terminates.  The same file converts successfully to raster using
s.surf.rst; however I would like a simple raster map showing  just the
sites also.  Any ideas on what is causing this problem, and more
fundamentally -- what is a 'segmentation fault'?

I am using an OpenOSX installation of GRASS 5.0.0 running on MacOSX
10.2.4

Thanks for any assistance.

Stuart Edwards
Verdant Energi and Environment