[GRASSLIST:6061] Getting NVIZ to work

John Doucette doucettj at gbis.com
Tue Apr 15 20:30:23 EDT 2003

I am a pretty darn new Grass user and fairly new user of Linux.  I am trying to get nviz going.  I did the original installation of Grass from the FreeGIS cd onto a computer running Redhat Linux version 7.1.  Nviz wasn't installed. I found something on the net that I had to obtain nviz_postgresql_i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz and install it.  I did that.  Now when I try to start nviz after starting Grass t.0 I get the below error message.  I don't really know what the message is saying is missing much less how to deal with the problem.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks in advance to anyone with information on the issue/problem.

/opt/grass/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec /opt/grass/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f /opt/grass/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
    invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."
    (file "/opt/grass/grass5/bin/nviz" line 16)