[GRASSLIST:6068] Re: Getting NVIZ to work

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 17 04:23:09 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:35:59AM -0700, John Doucette wrote:
> Thanks for your reply and thanks to Marcus Neteler.
>
> I have the tcl/tk libraries installed - maybe too many.  I have them listed at:
> http://web1.greatbasin.net/~porphyry/tcl.htm
>
> The list isn't too long (about 100K) but I didn't want every one who gets
> these messages to have to wait for the files to download.

Perfect.

> > /opt/grass/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> The tcl/tk library/ies are missing

According to you list you have:
# /usr/lib/libtcl.so
# /usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so

You may check what '/usr/lib/libtcl.so' is - a link to
/usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so?

Completely missing in your list is /usr/lib/libtk...so which is
also a requirement. Perhaps you consider to reinstall the
tcl.rpm and tk.rpm

Markus Neteler