[GRASSLIST:6073] installing grass5.1 additional to grass5.0

Michaela Kinberger kinb at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 17 08:19:43 EDT 2003

is it possible to install and use both versions ofgrass?
What is neccessary to install the grass5.1 binaries?

i'm working with grass5.0 and running some batchjobs vi crontabs, so i
dont want to destroy me working version of grass or any of my locations
but i want to tra the new features of grass5.1.

so, did anybody install both versions of graa and running them at the
same time?

lg
michaela

--
Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48658
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: kinb at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at

FTP: ftp://ftp.gis.univie.ac.at