[GRASSLIST:6108] Re: grass5 non-interactively

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Tue Apr 22 11:54:36 EDT 2003

At Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:50:17 +0100 Glynn Clements wrote:

Hello Glynn,

>  The location/mapset environment variables are correctly defined, the
> > grass5 starts without the initial dialogue and gets immediately to
> > grass shell, but then it does not run my perl script.
>
> Setting the environment variable SHELL to the path to the perl script
> should work, e.g.
>
> 	SHELL=/path/to/script.pl grass5 /path/to/dbase/location/mapset

with reference to this old thread I cannot make grass work as a
non-interactive session from cron.
I would like to run some simple commands like g.list rast without any
user-interaction.
this is the shell-script:
#!/bin/sh
g.list rast >> raster-files.txt
exit

but the above SHELL-command does not produce any output...

thanks for your help
cheers
  Stephan Holl

--