[GRASSLIST:1079] sum of vector lengths within a polygon

Rado Bonk bonk at fns.uniba.sk
Sun Aug 31 18:39:27 EDT 2003

Hi GRASSusers,

I'm working on the project where I need to know the total length of the
channels within a watershed. The area of Slovakia was divided into 1386
polygons, and valley bottoms coupled with active channels represent
vectors. How to find the total length of vectors within the polygon? Did
anybody use it in a any hydrological application?

Also, I would like to characterise each polygon by an unique number (or
two numbers) based on its morphometric properties. What parameter would
be suitable (hypsometric integral?)?
Basically I need to divide the polygons (lets say watersheds) into
several groups based on its morphometric properties.

Thanks in advance,

Rado

--
Radoslav Bonk M.S.
Dept. of Physical Geography and Geoecology
tel: +421 905 968 127 e-mail: rbonk at host.sk