[GRASSLIST:2002] Re: clipping vector maps in 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Dec 9 13:28:35 EST 2003

On Dec 9, 2003, at 4:24 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 01:51, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way to clip vector maps to a particular region in
>> GRASS 5.7. I would use v.cutter from 5.0, but I do not see it in the
>> list of commands. Has a different procedure taken its place?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> C.
>
> (v.in.region), v.overlay operator=and
>
> Radim

Unfortunately, this is what happens:

GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > v.in.region output=ugr_region
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > v.overlay ainput=roads binput=ugr_region
output=roads_ugr
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > d.mon x0
using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
Graphics driver [x0] started
GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > d.vect roads_ugr
ERROR: Vector file [roads_ugr] not available

It seems not to create the vector files as advertised.

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia