[GRASSLIST:5629] Re: histogram for compare two maps

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Feb 21 08:07:24 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho wrote:

> I want to analyse some raster maps by making a histogram of
>
> "classes x frequency", and also check for linear relations between two or
> more maps with scatter diagrams.
>
> what would be the best way to do it ? I believe I have to reclass (or
> something like that) both maps to the same number of categories, rigth?

One possibility might be to use the interface between GRASS and R, which
can provide the statistical graphics you would like. You would need to
install R, though, and learn something of how you can use it to do this
kind of thing. R is at http://cran.r-project.org/, more information on the
interface at http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/index.html

Roger

--