[GRASSLIST:5673] Re: dem interpolation

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Feb 26 03:59:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:

> Hi;
> I've got two questions:
> 1) Which process would you advice to be used to obtain a dem from point data:
> (idw, geostatistics, splines)?

Depends rather on your data and needs. Section 7.4, pp. 163-181 of Neteler
and Mitasova (2002) Open Source GIS: a GRASS GIS approach discusses
s.voronoi, s.surf.idw, s.surf.rst, and concludes with advice about choice
of methods.

> 2) There are some GRASS program to get a dem from points data and contours
> levels? I've got both data for a site.

For contours you can also use: r.surf.contour, which uses "procedures
similar to manual methods".

Roger

--
Roger Bivand