[GRASSLIST:5283] Re: Geosoft *.grd format

John Harrop johnh at sjgeophysics.com
Wed Jan 8 14:21:46 EST 2003

Geoff,

We don't have a Geosoft modules yet, but its on out ToDo list - so if
you find one we would be interested as well.

We do have an import module for inversion models produced by the UBC GIF
(Geophysical Inversion Facility) programs.  These are converted into
sites files (for later regridding) since UBCGIF mesh typically has
varying size cells.  We also drop padding cells on the edges.  I'm just
adding (today) as second output file that will remove all the air cells
 and 'flatten' topography.  Slicing plan sections from that model will
produce constant depth sections which are more intuative for draping
rather than the elevation plans which I find better for structural work
or with maps to be used on drilling programs.

Regards,

John Harrop