[GRASSLIST:5300] Understanding s.surf.idw

Antonio nightnavigator at libero.it
Sat Jan 11 14:34:36 EST 2003

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how s.surf.idw works. From my understanding, it
is suppose to do interpolation of point data using site files. However
there are a few things I havn't got. I want to use the program for
prepareing rainfall data. I have 5 pluviometers and using the s.surf.idw
for calculating theissen polygons is not giving me satifaction as the
region I'm studing is mountainous. So I'd like to distribute the data
better. The two options I have to give to s.surf.idw are misteriuos to
me :-)

The npoints option means "if you only have 5 point then give
npoints=5??". Am I correct?
And the other option relative to the decimals? What's that for? Is it to
tell the program that it has to consider only (1 is the default) 1
decimal place for the site values?

Thanks.