[GRASSLIST:5383] Re: Mac 10.2.3 install problems

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 27 10:08:44 EST 2003

Where did you install Grass? In /usr/local/bin? if so try running

/usr/local/bin/grass5

(or the full path to wherever you installed grass)

and see whether that works. If so, then you've got to change your path
variable. I've never fully understood where MacOSX stores all its path
variables; there are various init scripts, including ~/.tchrc (where I
think my path is set:

setenv PATH /usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

But as I remember there are other init files elsewhere in the system.

Good luck,

Nick Cahill