[GRASSLIST:628] Some questions about contours.

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sat Jul 5 20:03:31 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Well, I started using my .DXF tiles from the Irish Ordinance Survey.  The
new computer is (Dual Processor G4) is doing the v.support with out a
problem.  (It's a lot faster than my G3 Powerbook).

A question.  I want to colourize the contour areas, i.e. Have the lower
elevations in green, middle elevations in yellow, and mountainous regions in
brown.  How would I go about doing this.  The contour layers were set up in
10s (10, 30, 70, etc.), 20s (20, 40, 60, 80, 120, etc.) and 50s (50, 100,
150, etc.).  I also have spot heights, and the text labels.

BTW, is it common for contour layers to be set up in this way?

Also, I was going to use NVIZ to create 3d maps.  Should I also run
v.in.dxf3d or v.in.dxf3d.sh?  For future reference, can I just use
v.in.dxf3d.sh when I want to create both 2d and 3d maps?

Thanks for any help.

Kurt Springs