[GRASSLIST:688] Problems in sampling from a raster map

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Thu Jul 10 09:34:44 EDT 2003

Dear list,

I try to sample from a raster map. In general I succeed with r.what.

The only problem I have is that I get for some locations NO DATA as
there are NULL values in the raster map. In this case I would like to
sample the closest raster value available in terms of distance.

Is there a possibility to do this in Grass? Maybe by combining several
commands? I am using Grass-5.0.2 in Redhat Linux 7.3.

Cheers, Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg