[GRASSLIST:793] Re: Fwd: slope map,watershed

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at ist.supsi.ch
Wed Jul 23 03:01:11 EDT 2003

I'm not sure to have understand all, but:

1- a raster map is a "box" rappresentation, in fact in a raster
ascii you have an header that says the coordinate extention of your
"box" (or better to say region). So you cannot have any border on
it.

2- when you intepolate you will always have some border problem,
that's because on your border (note, the border of your
interpolated set of line or point) you have only one side value,
while on the other you have null value so you begin to invent....
it's usually done to keep a larger area and then take off a buffer.

3- if you want to have a raster with your value only inside the
watershed consider to interpolate, calculate slope and after assign
a null value outside you interest region. I f you can create a
raster that works as a mask (for example with value=1 inside your
watershed and value=0 outside) you can easly do it with r.mapcalc.

--
Ing.  Massimiliano Cannata
eMail: massimiliano.cannata at ist.supsi.ch
Internet: http://www.ist.supsi.ch