[GRASSLIST:842] Problem with category numbers and labels in raster file

Gualter Barbas Baptista gualter at gaia.org.pt
Mon Jul 28 09:44:22 EDT 2003

I finally managed to import the E00 files I need (not the same, I had to
pick another one, with only one attribute) into a "readable" raster.

However, I have now come to another problem - I have the polygon numbers
as the category numbers and what should be the real category numbers as
the category labels (which means that, for my case of soil classes, I
have no idea about what the numbers refer to).

For example, running r.report gives the following:
|2525|10

|2527|10

|2528|10

|2529|10

|2530|-9999

|2531|6

|2533|6

|2534|10

|2535|4

|2536|4

|2537|10

I think the problem is during the import as I didn't specify any
categories to import. Is there a way to do this without linking to a
database?

Thanks,

Gualter