[GRASSLIST:848] Ellipsoid Shift For GRASS Vector Map

Vidya Kotamraju vidyakr at darya.nio.org
Tue Jul 29 04:46:17 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I have a GRASS vector map that has been converted from a toposheet.This
vector map is based on the "everest" spheroid/ellipsoid.I have a few
GRASS raster maps that are based on the "WGS84" ellipsoid.

I need to overlay the vector map on these raster maps.

How do i go about converting the ellipsoid of the vector map from
everest to WGS84 ? What command can i use ? I am not sure if i can us
the "m.datum.shift" command for this. However, if i can go ahead with
"m.datum.shift", what values do i need to provide in the lat and lon
parameters of the command?

any pointers ?

Regards,
Vidya Kotamraju.
The way things appear to me, in that way they exist for me;
and the way things appears to you, in that way they exist for you.
                                                          -Plato
Kotamraju Vidya
Marine HydroDynamics Lab,
Physical Oceanography Division,