[GRASSLIST:274] 5.0.2 on Mac OSX, missing library libreadline.4.dylib

NICHOLAS D CAHILL ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Jun 1 02:36:36 EDT 2003

I am running GRASS 5.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.2.6, using Apple's
X11 x server and the precompiled binaries. I had problems
initially with a missing library libdl.1.dylib; we solved that on
another thread. Now I find that I have another missing library:
when I run r.mapcalc, I get an error message:

dyld: r.mapcalc can't open library: /usr/local/lib/
libreadline.4.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

Has anyone else had this problem? Someone using GRASS
5.0.2 and Apple's X11 must have used r.mapcalc -- did it
work for you?. Does anyone know what installs this library? I'm
now working in a small Turkish village, where internet
connections are hard to come by and very very slow, so
searching the net is much more difficult -- I would be very
grateful for any help that anyone can offer.

Many thanks,

Nick Cahill
Sardis Expedition
Harvard University