[GRASSLIST:287] Source packages

R. Sean Fulton fulton at cmu.edu
Wed Jun 4 13:03:02 EDT 2003

Is there a convention for naming GRASS source packages? I ask because
I've been playing with building RPMS and DarwinPorts packages which
assume the source package name and the extracted directory name will
be the same. (e.g. they expect grass-5.0.2_src.tar.gz to extract to
'grass-5.0.2_src/' but it extracts to 'grass5.0.2/')

That's an oversimplification, there are work-arounds but there seems
to be a convention of APPNAME-VERION for the source directory.

Has this issue ever come up? Are the maintainers aware of it? Do you
think anyone cares?

It's certainly nothing critical, I'm just curious.

	Sean