[GRASSLIST:299] Re: (no subject)

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jun 5 16:57:36 EDT 2003

Peter Slizik wrote:

> There are some ways how to run GRASS commands from a script
> (for example, "Grass interface to other languages" thread was concerned with
> this problem).  My question is - is it possible to create new location and/or
> mapset from within a script? Or is it necessary to do it  interactively?

There isn't any official non-interactive mechanism for creating
locations or mapsets.

However, it's simple enough to create and configure the directories
manually. A new location needs a PERMANENT mapset containing MYNAME,
DEFAULT_WIND and WIND (the last two would typically be identical),
whilst a new mapset just needs a WIND file.