[GRASSLIST:310] Re: r.topmodel

Soil & Water Lab. swlab at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:14:08 EDT 2003

Hello,

> As I finally figured it out (for my PhD) I'd like to adapt both the
> reference manual and the source code (at least add the comments) to
> share the fruit of my work.

Neat ! Nice idea. Good luck with the code. As you should have access to the
original FORTRAN code, things should go smoothly. Basically, you'd need GRASS
only to process the initial maps (topo, topo index...), leave TOPMODEL
compute its saturated areas, and reuse GRASS to get the resulting saturation
map. The generic idea is to avoid using r.mapcalc (where'd be the point of
semi-distribution ?).
Just a note : leave enough room to further options (how to compute the
contributing areas and topoindex, for example...).
Anyway, let us know, I'd be happy to put my grain of salt (some of our grads
reimplement it in two-three different ways already...)

P.