[GRASSLIST:313] How can I do for getting a lake's area?

Alip.Yasin s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Jun 7 08:56:32 EDT 2003

Dear GRASS Users

I want  to calculate one lake's yearly area change at the time scale which
may be from 1980 to now. ( Ibnur Lake which located approximately in E82,
E84, N44, N46, in China's Uighur Autonomous Region).
And my problem is,
  1. Can I do this job by using GRASS?
  2. If so, is there any free GIS data(?) on the Internet that I can use for
my purpose to calculate the lake's area?
  3. If there are, what the process I will follow to get this work out?

Heartfully Thanks To You
Sincerely
Galip.Yasin
University of Tsukuba
Mater's Program in Environmental Science
aderes: Japan, Ibaraki Province Tsukuba City
e-mail: s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp