[GRASSLIST:314] Printing site descriptions

Antonios Christofides A.Christofides at itia.ntua.gr
Sun Jun 8 07:42:14 EDT 2003

Hi, I've managed to print each site's description with ps.map, but I'm
having the following problems (I enclose a small jpg which shows them
well):

1) The description is framed by a border with large width. Is it
   possible to get rid of that border?
2) The description has a white background. Is it possible to not have
   background? (Or to have transparent background?)
3) I can't print descriptions with Greek (iso-8859-7) characters. I
   suspect I have to specify the correct font in the ps.map input
   file, but I'm confused: do I have to specify a ghostscript font name
   like those found in /usr/share/gs/X.XX/Fontmap.GS?
4) Is there any way to specify the position of the description, so
   that it does not interfere with other sites or map elements?

Thanks!

Here's the relevant part from my ps.map input file:

sites monuments
  color black
  eps monuments$.eps
  size 1