[GRASSLIST:328] Re: How can I do for getting a lake's area?

H Bowman hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 04:24:18 EDT 2003

note d.what.vect reports area statistics as well; has anyone compared the
answers from that with that of:
r.report units=me
r.stats -a
?
(for a suitably high resolution raster of course)

Additionally, there is r.surf.area for 3D (instead of plan) surface
areas which may be more useful for steep terrain, but introduces the
fractal problem and apparently suffers from underreporting edge data as
well.

there is r.volume to look at as well.

Hamish