[GRASSLIST:376] Re: How can I do for getting a lake's area?

Alip.Yasin s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Jun 13 05:17:43 EDT 2003

Hello Hamish, Matej & GRASS users

I, may be failed on describe my problem correctly, which related to
calculate a Lake's area. So, please let me try to describe my problem more
concretely.
  1. I didn't have any settllite image for my purpose.
     Problem is:
     Are there free  settllite images on the internet which I can download
and use at GRASS for calculate lake's area?
  Note: my research lake's area is around 500 km2 or so,
          approximately in E82, E84, N44, N46, in China's Uighur Autonomous
Region.

Heartfully Thanks to You
Sincerely

Alipu Yasen, Ibaraki Prov., Japan