[GRASSLIST:446] dem rescale

Martin Wegmann baliola at riseup.net
Fri Jun 20 13:37:21 EDT 2003

Hello,

is there a way to display all values of a dem? the original range was 1-65000
(export from ERDAS), but only values up to 255 are displayed in the monitor
even though d.what.rast is prompting values for the white areas. Nviz is
showing these values above 255 as plateau.
When I rescaled the dem to values between 1-255 the whole image can be seen
but in a pretty coarse resolution in nviz.
When I visualize it in ERDAS I get a better 3D image and I can recognize
valleys.

any idea how to display all values?

thanks in advance, cheers Martin