[GRASSLIST:574] GRASS access from PHP

M. Beth Wilkerson bwilkerson at depauw.edu
Mon Jun 30 15:20:05 EDT 2003

Hello,

Although I've been a software engineer for years, I'm new to the world of
Web development as well as to GIS and GRASS.  At present, I'm in the process
of designing/building an interactive GIS for Mediterranean Archaeology that
will be available via the internet.  I want to allow users to interact with
the GIS (GRASS) and generate maps via an interactive web interface.  I'm
writing the web application using PHP.  The website will be supported by the
Apache web server.  Can you tell me what other tools (if any) that I need to
link GRASS and PHP.  Also, can you give me some pointers on where to start?
(i.e. How do I start GRASS from PHP?  How do I call GRASS commands from PHP?
How do I redirect GRASS output to a web page?  Etc.)

Any and all pertinent information received will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers,
Beth
--
M. Beth Wilkerson