[GRASSLIST:5745] v.to.sites

Victor Wren vwren at timension.com
Thu Mar 6 17:31:05 EST 2003

I've been looking to see if there are any resolutions to the problems I've
had using v.to.sites, but there don't seem to be.  (somebody referred
somebody else who asked this question awhile back to a thread on the list
archive which led to a dead-end with no answer)

Basically I've got a vector which has very few nodes (about 30), but I need
to interpolate along its length and get a list of sites (from which I can
extract elevations against a rast).

using "v.to.sites -ai dmax=10 input=vectormap output=sitesmap"

I get a list of 12 sites (this vector spans about 10km.), most of them being
clustered near the ends of the vector.  The setting of dmax seems to have no
effect (I've tried ranges from 5 to 100).  Always I get 12 sites.

Using Grass 5.0.2 on Redhat8 (Gnome)

Any suggestions?
Victor Wren

Victor Wren
Designer,
Timension Inc.
1350 C Pear Ave
Mountain View CA 94043
(650) 564-9397
Fax: (650) 564-9398
Opinions stated in this letter are not necessarily
those of Timension Inc. or the management.  All
Rights Reserved.  No spitting.