[GRASSLIST:5847] Re: V.import and v.in.tiger.scs

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Mar 24 09:47:22 EST 2003

David Orme wrote:

> I've also used the OpenOSX GRASS installer CD. I found that v.in.mif
> was missing

v.in.mif is no longer built by default.

> - OpenOSX sent me a binary copy of the module but I haven't
> been able to get it to work (unpacked it into the correct directory but
> it isn't found by GRASS).

The actual binary should go into the etc/bin/cmd subdirectory, within
the GRASS installation directory. However, you also have to create a
link to the etc/front.end program in the bin subdirectory, i.e.

	ln /usr/local/grass5/etc/front.end /usr/local/grass5/bin/v.in.mif

[If GRASS is installed somewhere other than /usr/local/grass5, modify
the above accordingly.]

> Also, my installation does not support the
> PNG graphics driver - I can't find the Gd library on the installation
> disc so it may be missing that.

If you can't locate a binary version, the origin site for GD is:

	http://www.boutell.com/gd/

However, you need to use the same major version as was used for
building the PNG driver (i.e. a PNG driver built with GD 2.x won't
work with GD 1.x).