[GRASSLIST:5914] Oddity with v.to.rast

Orme, David d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Mar 30 06:46:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm working with the GSHHS data set and want to create a raster version
showing which raster grid cells contain coastline.

The GSHHS data has imported without any problems but when I come to use
v.to.rast, I 've found that some of the cells created do not actually
contain any lines from the vector data. I've attached a PNG showing the kind
of think I mean. I was expecting only to see the blue and purple cells, and
not the green cells.

I've checked the category numbers and the main island in the purple cell is
the source of the two green cells.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,
David