[GRASSLIST:238] Image Extraction

Uttam Kumar uttamkumar123 at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 07:00:12 EDT 2003

Hi,
   I am using the GUI available in GRASS through 'tcltkgrass&' command for
extracting the LISS data from the CD-ROM.I entered

1. the path and name of the file containing all the four bands data which
are in                                       BIL (Band Interleaved by Lines)
format (AS INPUT).
2. the name of the Leader file (AS INPUT).
3. OUTPUT file name for the band 2 data.
4. OUTPUT file name for the band 3 data.
5. OUTPUT file name for the band 4 data.
6. OUTPUT file name for the band 5 data.

After running the GUI (which runs r.in.LISS3.sh) I get the following error:

could not find <outputfilename1>
could not find <outputfilename2>
could not find <outputfilename3>
could not find <outputfilename4>
                                    Although the command should have made
different files for the four bands(Band2-Green, Band3-Red...etc.) separately
and stored them in GRASS in raster format.

When I put the flag ON for only extracting the image and not converting it
to the GRASS formats, it works well.

Can anyone tell, what is the problem ?

uttam.